Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Chapter Fourteen

Today David was late to his studio. He had been at a sleep-over with two of his most appreciated female customers. When he arrived there, he saw a woman standing outside it and looking fairly impatient.
ـِـ Hi, he said. I'm sorry I'm late for you.

ـِـ Hi, she said to him.

As he was unlocking the door, he said:
ـِـ What do you want me to work on?

The woman, who was Spanish-looking and in her mid-twenties, answered that she wanted him to fence for her.

ـِـ What kind of fence, he asked her.

ـِـ A fence for my chickens.

ـِـ Chickens?

ـِـ Yes chickens.

ـِـ How tall do you want it?

ـِـ Actually I would like it like a cage, which should be about five feet tall. A fence with a roof that is.

He thought for a while.
ـِـ What if I make it a chicken fence with a smaller roof than the fence itself. Would that be a probable luck for you and ... ?

She giggled.
ـِـ It really might be lucky for me to just have you around in my house! You see I've heard so much about you! All women in town seem to know about it!

He looked startled. After a while he asked:
ـِـ What is that you've ben saying about me?!

She giggled again.
ـِـ They've told me you were so much of a lover that there is no limit to what there could be for a pleasure for anyone who catches your fancy well enough!

He looked solemn for a while. then he said:
ـِـ How come you've all been talking about me when there isn't even the first thing to know about being a womanizer about me?

She looked straight at him, fixing her eyes on his.
ـِـ They've been saying that you're the womanizer that is the first bastard son of Peter Ebanes, which makes me think you must be at least as exciting as he was!

He looked surprised.
ـِـ Why would they think that I'm a bastard child and then fancy me as the womanizer for their health?

She stood silently for a while.
ـِـ Why would you not be at least half the womanizer he is, and then also more than half of what that mother of yours is, a womanizer but with an edge of sarcasm against the womanizing she's into?

Now he looked startled.
ـِـ What?!

She giggled once more.
ـِـ Yes, like that!

ـِـ What if I'm not the womanizer type they're after?! Then what would they be into saying abut me after that they realize it?!

She kept on giggling.
ـِـ It's not true that you're not into womanizing me!

He stared at her.
ـِـ No, he said at last, I don't appreciate me as the womanizer you think I am!

Her giggle became a smile as now as she said:
ـِـ Then aren't you into tricking me like that mother of yours, into thinking about the ordinary man in you as being the womanizer instead, and then of the womanizer as being the ordinary person, that we all have inside ourselves?!

He looked at her in astonishment.
ـِـ What do you want me to take that as?!

ـِـ As an invitation for you to do me as well as most good-looking female customers you've had!

He froze inside as he said:

OK, I'll do you honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment